Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blog Foreward


I am starting this blog at the suggestion of a friend. Her inclination was "you are that guy" who reviews outdoor and backpacking equipment. I think this is because I am so pragmatic about what I purchase to use, and when I like something I tell everyone about it, in detail. Usually I research a product for months or a year before I make a purchase, to make sure that it fits my needs.
I'm going to try to review products that I've used under some extreme and variable conditions in order to report on their range of functionality. I may tend to review products that I like, but this is because I usually do enough research to get the right product, the first time. Sometimes I fail and buy a piece of junk.
Bear with me as I try and find my blogging groove. I hope to make these reviews somewhat interesting to read, but I undoubtably will fail some readers.
One more note: Gila Tested refers to the Gila Wilderness, where I currently spend most of my time outdoors. A 555,000 acre Wilderness ranging from 4800-10895 ft in elevation with highly variable terrain and climate. This is a great place to test gear. Rivers, mountains and deserts. However, this is not the only place I have used or will use my gear, just the most common place.
Hope you enjoy. And leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment